Port of Cork Company Safety, Health, Environment, Energy & Quality Policy
The Ports of Cork & Bantry as a world class ports regard high standards of performance in occupational health and safety, environment, energy and quality management as being of utmost importance. Between the ports of Cork and Bantry we handle all five shipping modes across a number of facilities at City Quays, Tivoli, Ringaskiddy, Cobh, Cork Harbour and Bantry.
We are committed to the provision of a quality service to our customers and the maintenance of modern and efficient safety, health, environment, energy & quality management systems. We recognise that effective occupational health and safety arrangements enable staff to work more efficiently, and less stressfully, in an environment where safety, health and welfare are promoted and risks are effectively assessed and controlled. We are committed to lead the wider port community to minimise environmental impacts and improve our energy consumption efficiency through co-ordinated environmental management, reducing CO2 emissions and conserving natural resources respecting the principles of environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- Safeguard the safety, health and welfare of all our employees and all other stakeholders that may be affected by our actions, and the provision of a working environment that is safe and without risk to health or the environment.
- Operate in compliance with all applicable safety, health, environmental, energy and quality laws, regulations and industry codes of practice.
- Implement a Safety, Health, Environment, Energy & Quality (SHEEQ) Management System, in compliance with and certified to ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 and compliant with European Sea Ports Organisation (ESPO) ECOPORTS criteria to identify, evaluate and control any SHEEQ risks with the principal goal of avoidance of risk and achieving energy performance improvement. Work towards certification to ISO 50001.
- Continual improvement of the SHEEQ management system.
- Undertake regular safety, environmental and energy audits.
- Promote and develop a positive safety culture in the organisation. Communicate and implement this policy statement and associated objectives, targets and procedures with all employees and provide appropriate training and support to employees and enlist their support in improving the Company’s SHEEQ Management System performance.
- Promote SHEEQ awareness to our contractors, suppliers, customers and stakeholders. Make this policy available on our website and display it in our facilities. Communicate this policy to contractors, suppliers and customers, to increase SHEEQ awareness and encourage the implementation of sound SHEEQ practices within their operations.
- Minimise adverse impacts of our activities on the environment, through the setting and review of realistic objectives and measurable targets in accordance with the principles of the ESPO "Green Guide".
- Pollution prevention, emissions management, waste minimisation, efficient resource use and conservation awareness. Investigate renewable and alternative sources of energy.
- Incorporate SHEEQ management and sustainability as a factor in all strategic developments and new business plans.
- Lead the wider port community through co-ordinated SHEEQ management. Support local community liaison and public reporting on energy and environmental performance.
- Ensure the availability of necessary resources to implement this policy.
Brendan Keating/Chief Executive
Size : 82.4 KB
Added : 27/04/2012
Size : 24.5 KB
Added : 21/06/2011
Size : 953 KB
Added : 22/03/2010
Printed from : http://www.PortOfCork.ie/index.cfm/page/environment1